who's online

Scarlett Johansson Releases Her First Album!

Scarlett Johansson Releases Her First Album!

About 2 weeks from now, the 23-year-old Hollywood screen goddess Scarlett Johansson will release her debut album entitled: Anywhere I Lay My Head. People.com says that the album mostly consists of Tom Waits covers, as well as “Song for Jo,” a track that Scarlett Johansson wrote with her producer, TV on the Radio’s David Andrew Sitek. The first single, “Falling Down,” and “Fannin Street” have David Bowie singing backup.

Describing “Song for Jo,” Johansson says, “It was a memory of someone that's very close to me: a vague and blissful memory of my wanton youth or whatever. It's a song about friendship, I think.”



He calls her sound “Tinkerbell on cough syrup.”

When asked about what her fans will think as she includes music to her résumé, she says, “I never worry about that kind of thing. I hope people enjoy it.” But why Tom Waits? “I'm not trying to prove anything on this album,” Johansson says in a statement that’s on People.com. “I just love [Tom Waits's] music.”

Scarlett Johansson recently announced her engagement to Ryan Reynolds. She will be in Woody Allen’s Vicky Christina Barcelona next. Her album, Anywhere I Lay My Head is available May 20 on Rhino Records.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Visits